Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WAHOO!

Okay, confession time. I have never not been able to lose weight. Ever. This summer was not good for me. Mom and Teri were doing so awesome and NOTHING was working for me, though I had been seriously trying for six months. I was not a happy person. (Some of you may have noticed. ;). I was also off my thyroid pills which did not go well either.) So, as soon as David got a job, I started Nutri System. Which was hard, because I didn't like the idea of not being able to do it myself. But desperate times.....

For the two weeks I have been on it, I have learned a ton. I was still eating too much. (Even though I had cut my food intake by half!) I was not drinking enough water, and the food I was eating were all the wrong foods.... The first week was hard. I was hungry ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY. I also had two birthday's and family come to visit. Which means lots of yummy yummy food. But, I stayed strong. The second week was much easier. Now, I don't even eat my allotted amount. I do eat lots and lots and lots of raw vegetables. Which, I don't like and have never done before. But, it's totally working. In two weeks, I have lost EIGHT awesome pounds!!!!! YEAH!!!! I'm so happy. I'm going to continue through to Thanksgiving, see where I am, and decide if I want to keep going to Christmas.

I was thinking of not saying anything then surprising everyone at Christmas. But, I'm way too excited. Thanks to Teri and Mom for being such great inspirations!

I'm also wanting a bike. Teri, you'll have to give me some hints on what to look for.

PS I'm also walking up and downhill for 30 minutes a day while pushing two kids in a double stroller. My legs are getting into awesome shape.

3 comments:

  1. Go Shannon Go! Awesome! Proud of you! I too have not been able to lose much weight.. but don't have the extra $$ to do what you're doing.. I need to break out my old Body for Life book & start following that plan again. Now if only I could find the book....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY!!! WOOOOHOOOOO! Shannon, I'm so excited! 8 lbs is incredible! AND I'm so excited you might be bike shopping! YAY! I'm doing a boogie dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you are really working the program, Stormy! Congrats on all of your success! Just be sure to eat everything specified by your meal planner in order to work the program properly.

    Incorporating exercise is also a great idea! Head on over to the different biking and fitness clubs and groups that we have over in our online community at Nutrisystem.com, too. There’s a lot of great tips and info being exchanged there!

    If you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help, and can be reached via email at moderator@nutrisystem.com.

    We look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete