Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Takin' a break....

So, I've been taking after Teri this last week too. We had some of David's family stay with us twice this last week. So, I didn't exercise and ate very well. Bummer. I was feeling a bit guilty after sitting hunched over Sabrina's DS with her for two hours, and so I decided to get off my fanny and go swimming. Well, my neck was already stiff and because of my guilt I decided to swim lots and lots of mini laps. (Which is all I can do in my pool.) Forward stroke one way, back stroke the other way. Even after David got the kids out of the pool, I still swam for another 30 minutes and only got out because my neck was really starting to hurt. Then, at 2:00AM I woke up and couldn't move my neck.. At all! Holy Moly, it was like whiplash that went halfway down my back. I was miserable for two days afterwards which resulted in more no exercise days.
Moral of the story: Don't overdue it because of guilt. It just causes you greater problems in the long run. (Trust me. I've done it lots of time and still can't learn my lesson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment