Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Walking walking walking!

Ok.. I got some good walking in today!
I parked at Pioneer park this morning in a free 2 hour parking spot, then walked up to Gateway pushing Drew in an umbrella stroller. Then we met up with Stacie and kids, headed up to the fountain and let the kids play in it for about 2 hours. I then needed to move my car! So I took Drew with me, (he wouldn't stay with Stacie) and HOOFED it back down to Pioneer park pushing Drew in the stroller! (About 5 blocks)
I jumped in the car, drove it down to a different spot, parked again, and HOOFED it the 5 blocks back to the fountain.
Then we walked 2 blocks back down to the planetarium, played there for about an hour, jumped on trax, rode over to temple square, walked around there for another 40 or so minutes, and then I realized it had been over 2 hours since I'd moved the car...
So we left Stacie & kids at temple square to finish touring, jumped on trax, got off at the planetarium again, and walked the 3 blocks back to the car. So overall I walked 20 blocks + temple square today! Which according to Answers.com a mile in Salt Lake is more than 7, but less than 8 blocks. So I walked about 2.8 miles today.. more with the wandering around.
So exercise for today accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Go Steff. I'll bet you'll be stiff today..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try, "I've got blisters on my fingers!" I mean the balls of my feet, but that isn't how the line goes now is it?

    ReplyDelete