Thursday, January 27, 2011

Salad Schmalad...

So here we are on day 4 of my salad week, and I have yet to eat one. Oh well, I'm not really caring at the moment because I made an AWESOME turkey pot pie for dinner. I succeeded in making something good! WHHHOooo HOOOOooooo! I don't think I ever updated, but the turkey linguine thingy was oookkkaayyy... which means nobody ate left overs the next two days but the dogs. (I only know how to cook for 12). The dogs loved it! The turkey just wasn't the right flavor for the dish. Grilled chicken would have been much better.

But the Pot Pie! Now that is another story! I used this recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/turkey-pot-pie-with-sage-crust-recipe/index.html
Substituting potato's for turnips, onions for shallots and leeks, and my home dried herbs for fresh ones (couldn't bring myself to pay $3 a pack for fresh at the store when I have them in my yard all summer...).
I highly recommend this recipe. If I can make it, anyone can make it! And oh so yummy! Dudley even said it was the best pot pie he's ever had! Drew and I made 'bread cookies' out of the leftover crust.. I baked 'em along with the pot pie & we dipped them in the gravy while eating.

So, I may have gained back some of that lost weight tonight. My pants still have a belt on them, but are feeling a little tighter....

Salad tomorrow! (always tomorrow, never today...)

No comments:

Post a Comment