Monday, January 3, 2011

Shannon's Approach

Over the last 6 - 8 months, I have tried lots and lots of plans. I have exercised 5 days a week, cut my meals in half, stopped eating after 6pm and have doubled my water intake. I have lost about 5 pounds in 6 months. It's NOT working fast enough. So, I'm cranking it up.

1- I will do 20+ minutes of cardiovascular exercise 3-4 days a week.
2- I will weight lift 2-3 days a week.
3- One dessert per week. No sugar! (Yes, that means chocolate, jam, most cereal, etc....) Sigh!
4- The only breads and pastas will be whole grain and not very much of it.
5- Lots and lots of water, vegetables, and fruits.
6- I will eat more fish, chicken and turkey.
7- My portion size will be cut down about 1/3.
8- My protein intake will also be high in my list, since I tend to not eat much at all.

I will both weigh myself and take my measurements only once per week. NOT DAILY! I obsess over the daily changes..

My goal is to lose 25lbs by July. I want to look awesome for the summer.

Just think how skinny and physically fit we will all be when we see each other next! I'm so excited. (I hope the excitement stays.)

2 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop!! I'm excited, I too hope that we all stay excited. Summer here we come!

    ReplyDelete