Friday, January 7, 2011

Too high on carbs

So, last night I dreamed that I ate the world's largest marshmallow........ I did have a dream that I was the size of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. Hmmm, what does that mean?
According to the food tracker, I am way under what I should be on calories, but over on my carbs. and protein. I am surprised how high the carb count is with the lower overall calories. In my mind I was not eating many carbs at all. The pyramid tracker is really helping me figure out what is best to eat. I did end up adding individual ingredients for my vegetable soup, cuz it assumes the sodium is much much higher than it was. It takes a while, but if you add foods to your favorites, like Steff said, it is much quicker later.
On the bright side, my energy level is starting to go up after only 3 days! Yesterday, I went running and it felt great! My knees just aren't holding up to my increased energy, so today I'm back on the bike. (Weights are not an option, I still can't lift my arms.)
I do feel like I've totally flushed out my system with all the water I've been drinking. I feel like I'm pregnant again, running to the bathroom 10 times a day.
If anyone has a great low carb, low protein, low calorie, high fiber, yummy dinner menu. Please let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. Me thinks yousa goin through sugar withdrawl with a dream like that! Too funny..
    Yeah the pyramid tracker is awesome after you work out the kinks of using it... I had to enter the cream cheese potato soup by individual ingredients also, but much better than doubling everything by picking a canned equivalent. I need to work on the exercise section better.. haven't been spending as much time on that. Next goal!
    Keep cooking on your indian stove outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you could dream of something good. Marshmallows, Yuck. What a nightmare. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete