Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hiiiiiiiiyaaaaa!

Day two of karate!

It's a blast, and I'm more embarrassed in hindsight of my less then gracious attempted running chicken kick but really running up, loosing my balance and falling on my hiney moment than I was at the time!!!

I guess thank goodness for that, but did it really have to happen at the end of my individual level when the adults and teens were warming up for their class? Couldn't it have happened at the beginning?

I'm saved by the fact that no one thinks as much about me as I do...so it'll probably be forgotten by next class...right? (This is where you all must comment and agree with me...)

I had a crazy birthday, dessert, birthday cake weekend and probably undid much of my good workness of the previous weeks...but hey, birthday cake is GOOD!

I did get out of eating what I'm sure would have been way too much Manicotti tonight as Hannah dropped the glass pan, shattering it and all the fresh-from-the-oven Manicotti all over the floor, plus I got the extra workout of trying to get it all cleaned up and the floor mopped, cupboards and appliances scrubbed and garbage taken out, before the babysitter came...all in all I should probably thank Hannah...

My tummy hasn't seemed to improve much yet, but my back doesn't flop when I run down the stairs anymore so I feel like I have made forward progress!

signing out...

2 comments:

  1. Go Shellie!! Although it is very very sad about all that manicotti. What a positive way to look at things. I don't think I would have been that positive. I totally have a great mental image of you falling on the floor at karate. He he he. Just be glad it happened now when you can laugh it off instead of when you were a teenager and you would have been totally mortified and quit your karate class..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love karate! Makes you feel soooo glamorous and coordinated! He he he.. keep it up, it will all become easier! Arrgghhhh about the manicotti, how frustrating! And your back was flopping? What part of that skinny little back? Boom boom maybe? Sorry, can't picture it...guess I'd better not run down the stairs anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete