Tuesday, January 25, 2011

temptation resisted...barely

I walked into Sweet Aftons at Gardener Village yesterday and the smell caused temptation #1. The nice lady at the countered smiled and said "fudge samples for everyone! What do you want?" Lexi chose orange dreamsicle, plopped it in her mouth and said "that's so good" so I got one for Drew...he didn't want it...enter temptation #2. I stand there holding said piece as the woman (let's call her satan) asks what I would like. Temptation #3. I hand the piece to Lexi, tell satan "no thanks" and head towards the suckers with the little ones...then sneaks up temptation #4. I bought a sample bag of fudge for the kids for FHE. Do you know how hard it is to cut 14 little pieces of fudge into four bite size pieces each and not try any???? Well, now I do. It was very sad...I had to cook a tortilla to compensate...I'll probably loose weight about the same time as I stop compensating...:)

I did get cheesecake for my birthday dinner! It was homemade by Raylene...super dooper yum!

I exercise 3 times last week...shooting for 4 this week...at this rate summer (and swimsuits) are going to come too fast....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Go Shellie! I was too busy trying to keep track of my lovely little Drew to notice temptation (aka devil horns on the nice lady behind the counter) taking jabs at you! I however caved and took the free sample.. as well as buying a sample baggie for myself. However, I have only had 2 little slices out of said sample bag since Monday...so I'm feeling pretty ok about it! (In the past the sample bag has been known to disappear in about 5min.)

    I admire your strength Shellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! There is no way in the world a little piece would not end up in my mouth. I am totally impressed. Go Shellie!!

    ReplyDelete