Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wow.. thought I was doing good...

So yesterday I thought I was doing awesome. I tracked everything in the food tracker, looked at the nutrients I was getting, what I was lacking, and tried to focus on eating the missing stuff like veggies.. Then right before I made dinner I clicked on the link that shows how many calories you have eaten vs. what they calculate you should eat. Surprise! I was already over my calorie limit by about 100! Holy Crap! And that was without dinner! Ack! Also I'd only had 2 glasses of Coke (significant decrease for me) and had INCREASED my water to 5 glasses! Sheesh! So after a little lookie loo at the food I'd entered, I'm hoping the calculation was incorrect on the crackers I had for lunch. I had these new Town House Flatbread Crisps with string cheese and beef stick for lunch (nummy nummy crackers by the way).. they of course weren't in the database, so I chose club crackers instead. Sure enough, the calorie intake on the flatbread is 70 for 6 crackers, the club is 140 for 6 crackers. I ate about 10 crackers, so my calorie intake was off by about 113. Better, but still not enough to give me room to eat dinner! At that point I threw my arms in the air and ate a patty melt and french fries. Totally shot the day..

Today's goal is to eat veggies! And to look at the calorie intake closer and more often!

So lesson... watch carefully what you input on the food tracker. It might make you look really bad! Learn how to juggle what you enter in, to make it close to what you're really eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment